Makeup Empties #9

Monday, February 08, 2021

Hi girls.
Finally I used up some makeup again. I know these are weird times and we don't need makeup. However, a few times per week I still put on a bit of makeup because it makes me feel more alive and good. Plus I have too much makeup and it has to be used up. So let's see what I emptied this time...



The Ordinary Coverage Foundation (1.0 N)
This is an old foundation and I didn't use it for a year or two now, so it needs to be trashed. I bought it way back then when The Ordinary was so hyped up. I was very excited about the great shade range. However, the foundation didn't impress me. At first it was ok, even though it wasn't long lasting. Also then it started to really separate on my skin, so it looked horrible. I don't think it's good for oily skin. They did launch a new foundation, but I'm not sure if I want to try it.
Repurchase: no

Wet n wild Coverall Pressed Powder
I've got nothing much to say about this powder. The light shade was nice. It was ok, but sometimes too cakey and too visible on the skin. So I used it up just to finish it. 
Repurchase: no

MAC Strobe Cream (Pinklite - Original)
I really liked this highlighting cream. I would use it as a normal highlighter on top of my cheeks or on any dry areas because it would diminish the look of flakey or dry skin. The shade is pearly, with just a slight pink sheen. I think it really matched my skin tone as well.
Repurchase: yes

The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Drops - Lightening
Absolute must have if you have really pale complexion. You simply mix a drop or two into your foundation to lighten it. This product saved me many times from having a weird shade of foundation on my face. I'm not sure what's with the packaging as the dropper stopped working for me, so I had to tip it upside down, to get the product out. You can find more pictures and a full review here.
Repurchase: already have


The Body Shop Mint Mattifying Face Mist
I loved this face mist, mainly because of the minty refreshing scent. It didn't smell like toothpaste, but more like mint plant. You so have to shake it well because there's white consistency that is at the bottom. Sometimes I would spray it on before makeup or sometimes on top of makeup. I wouldn't say it instantly mattifies, but it does help keeping a bit of shine at bay. 
Repurchase: yes

L.O.V. Perfectitude 3in1 Prime & Fix Spray
This was a nice fixing spray. I can't say much about it, only that it eliminated a powdery look a bit and maybe prolonged the wear of makeup. The scent was a bit artificial but nothing overpowering. 
Repurchase: maybe

Essence Happy Girls Are Pretty Sheer Lipstick
I know this is an older lipstick, but it was in such a nice nude shade. Also it was hydrating and comfortable on the lips. Probably it's the first lipstick I actually used up. 
Repurchase: maybe (if I could)


être belle Lash-xpress & hyaluronic Mascara 
This is such a great mascara. So volumizing and gives a bit of a dramatic effect without having to put in a lot of effort. Application is just so easy and quick. Also it lifts (curls) the lashes a bit. Though I think it dried up quickly.
Repurchase: yes

Rimmel Scandaleyes Volume On Demand
I didn't really like this mascara, so I didn't even use it up. To me the brush was too thick and it clumped my lashes too much. I do like other Rimmel mascaras. 
Repurchase: no

Guerlain Maxi Lash Mascara
One of my favorite high-end mascaras so far. The brush is just the right size and has a enough thickness. This mascara separates lashes nicely and gives them so much volume. It's so easy to use and I don't have to use a lot of effort to achieve a good look.
Repurchase: yes

L'Oreal Paris Superliner Superstar Eyeliner
Also one of my all time favorite eyeliners. The brush is like a thicker tip with a thin end which is very easy to use. The pigmentation is very good, so you can achieve a nice dark black wing. Though the tip can get a bit used up and thicker with more uses. This version isn't sold anymore, however they have similar eyeliners, just with a different name now. 
Repurchase: yes

You Might Also Like

12 comments

Facebook

♥