Makeup Empties #7

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Hi girls.
It's been a while since I wrote a makeup empties post. Well, makeup is kind of hard to use up. But then one day you finish multiple makeup products at the same time. If you're interested, here you can read other makeup empties. Now onto today's new post...




Shiseido Ibuki Quick Fix Mist 
I loved this spray for refreshing my skin when it was extremely hot or in the middle of long work day when my skin was oily but the makeup felt uncomfortable. It was so nice and I cannot seem to find anything like it. The gel texture was definitely unique and so refreshing.
Repurchase: maybe

Catrice Make-Up Freezing Spray
A basic makeup spray I'd say. It was a limited edition, however it might be similar to any Catrice fixing spray. It did make the makeup look less cakey. But the scent was quite chemically. Not my favorite though. 
Repurchase: no

Essence You Better Work! Fixing Spray
This was not a bad setting spray. The mist was nicely fine and it felt very light-weight. I didn't see major difference in my makeup throughout the day, however I think it minimised the powdery look. The scent was fresh but a bit chemical. But the packaging was travel friendly. 
Repurchase: maybe


Revlon Colorstay Combination/Oily Foundation - 150 Buff
This is my favorite foundation of all time. Though they've changed the packaging and "watered it down" just a bit, so it gets out easier. It is just such a nice medium to full coverage foundation and it stays put throughout the day on oily skin. The shade: 150 Buff is good for me since it has a yellow undertone and is great for pale skin.
Repurchase: always

Lancôme Long-lasting Softening Concealer - 01 Beige Pastel
This concealer was really good. High coverage and not that heavy. Plus it didn't crease under the eyes. Even with the spf30 I didn't get a flashback.  The big packaging made it last a very long long time. Read a whole post here.
Repurchase: maybe

Deborah Radiance Creator Concealer - 01
I liked the idea of this concealer looking like a dupe of YSL Touche Éclat. Though the texture was not similar at all. Towards the end it felt thicker. But the coverage wasn't great (as with YSL as well). At first I did like it because of the brush and easy application. However then it was just "meh" and I have better concealers. This one was really yellow and highlighting. So if you're looking for such shade, this one is great.
Repurchase: no


Catrice Glam & Doll Waterproof mascara 
Quite a nice drugstore mascara. At first it was a bit watery but then it was nice. It was nicely black and it gave a lot of volume to my lashes. Even though it was waterproof, sometimes it would smudge a bit on my oily eyelids. 
Repurchase: maybe

Lancôme Hypnôse Drama Mascara
Lancôme mascaras are one of my favorites ever. I had the Volume-A-Porter mascara version which was great and this one didn't leave me disappointed either. Even from the start when you open it, it is perfect. It's not too wet. It gives you really a lot of volume and separates the lashes. Plus it's very black.
Repurchase: already have (other version)

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara 
This mascara is so talked about. And I love it too. It's extra black and gives sooo much volume to the lashes. This small packaging lasted me a long time. Read more about it here.
Repurchase: yes

Catrice Eyebrow Filler - 02
I've used this product for years now and it was great. But they discontinued it. The ashy blond color was just perfect. The brush makes application very easy and also it fills in brows greatly. It adds a nice definition to eyebrows and is just easy to use. I tend to stay away from powder because I'm just lazy, so this is a great product for me. It makes everything so easy, plus it stays on all day long. Read a review here.
Repurchase: yes, if I could


Makeup Forever HD Loose Powder 
A nice transparent setting powder. Very lightweight, but I cannot say that it's better than drugstore ones. I did like it and the small packaging took me forever to use up. I always used a light hand with it. Plus the packaging is nice because the sifter has a stopper on the lid, so it never spills when you're carrying it around.
Repurchase: maybe

Essence All About Matt! Oil Control Paper 
These are my go to in the summer. You cannot just put on a ton of powder when you're oily. Firstly you have to blot away the oils. And these papers are great at that. Sometimes I don't even powder afterwards, so my makeup doesn't feel heavy. I just don't want to be so shiny. Plus they're very cheap.
Repurchase: yes

Catrice All Matt Anti-Shine Paper 
These are the same thing as the Essence ones, though they come in a more sturdy packaging (plastic - but it's not that environmentally friendly). They're great on the go.
Repurchase: yes

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Facebook

♥